- Receptor status (ER/PR/ Her2-neu)
- Proliferation marker (Ki-67).
|Luminal B**||+||+||+||Low/ High|
|Basal ***||–||–||–||Very high|
*Luminal A is most common and having best prognosis
**Triple posiive phenotype is more common in Luminal B
***Also known as triple negative breast CA (TNBC), worst prognosis
****Responds to Trastuzumab (Herceptin) – monoclonal antibody against Her2.
- ER, PR +ve:
- Final location of receptor is intranuclear
- So, nucleus is stained brown.
- Her2 +ve:
- Membranous receptor
- So, cell membrane is stained brown.